Sexual Assault Response Team
The Sexual Assault Interagency Forensic Team (or “SAIF” Team) is our community initiative to provide services to victims of sexual assault and other violent crimes at the time of crisis. Our trained Advocates will respond to the hospital or police department to assist victims and assure their voices are heard.
What can I do to help?
- Believe them.
- Maintain a calm manner.
- Listen without interrupting. Encourage them to take whatever time is necessary.
- Respect the language they use to identify what’s happened.
- Understand that individuals from different backgrounds may express or experience reactions to an assault in different ways.
- Validate their experience or reactions.
- Remind them that they are not at fault.
- Help them identify other safe people in their existing support system.
- Encourage them to seek medical attention and counseling.
- Allow them to make their own decisions.
- Call 940-665-2873 for 24 hours crisis assistance